Healthcare Appointment Self-Scheduling: How-To
Community Health & Wellness Partners is excited to announce that we now offer a self-scheduling option for our patients. We understand the convenience of self-scheduling and it is important to us to eliminate barriers to scheduling with us and make your patient experience and positive one.
If you are a new patient to CHWP or one of our valued established patients, you can now self-schedule your appointment with any one of our primary care medical providers, pharmacists and dietician. Self-scheduling is now available. Click here to get started!
Primary Care Provider Visit Types
Schedule Your Annual Physical Online: Yearly appointments including recommended screenings
- If you have Medicare, you will need to call the office to schedule an annual wellness visit (AWV) with our nurse.
- These visits will be scheduled with your provider/nurse team during appointments. If you miss an appointment or need to reschedule your appointment, you will have the option to self-schedule these appointments with your provider.
Well Child Check (WCC): Newborn-18 years of age visits include: Prevention, tracking growth & development, raising any concerns
General: New problem, but does not require a same day (illness or injury appointment)
Chronic: These include chronic disease follow-ups for diagnoses including: Diabetes, hypertension, congestive heart failure (CHF), chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), coronary artery disease (CAD), obesity, chronic pain.
- These follow up visits will be scheduled with your provider/nurse team during appointments. If you miss an appointment or need to reschedule your appointment, you will have the option to self-schedule these appointments with your provider.
Sick Visit (Illness/Acute Injury): Cough, sore throat, ear pain, pink eye, nausea/vomiting, diarrhea, constipation, injury
- If you select Injury, you will be required to describe your injury in a few words
- Sick Visits are available within 24 hours.
If you are having a medical emergency, please call 911 or go to your local emergency room.
If you need a hospital follow-up, medication assisted treatment or behavioral health appointment, please call the office at 937-599-1411 to talk to a team member for scheduling.
Clinical Pharmacist: Reason for visits
- Continuous glucose monitoring (CGM) – phone call
- Medication review
- Smoking cessation
Dietician: Reason for visits
- Weight management (loss or gain)
- Healthy lifestyles changes
- Gestational diabetes or other pregnancy/infertility issues
- Digestive issues or concerns
- Children and picky eaters
- Wellness goal setting and accountability
- Nutritional deficiencies